Search This Blog

Thursday 6 March 2014

My healing journey with Cicada!



My healing journey with Cicada!
By Lee-Anne Peters
I never knew what a Cicada was or even acknowledged it – basically for my whole life I knew not of this interesting insect. However in December 2013 I rendezvoused with Cidada sign after sign in a short period – this led to further investigation which opened up an interesting journey for me.
Image source: http://www.anhs.com.au/cicada.htm
At the time I was struggling to come to term with a big dream I had that didn’t manifest. So I felt bitter and it was a challenge to find peace for myself. I knew underneath the emotion that all was how it needed to be, but at the time my feeling didn’t match that knowing. So I knew I had some healing, shedding and release work to do for myself.
I marveled at the Cicada - living for years underground as a blind nymph - living on the tree root sap. Then at the guidance of its instincts it journeyed up from underground to find the best place to harden it's shell and transform. Then it cracks out of it's shell (and leave's it behind), while it emerges with wings and vision. Then it calls - calling to it's mate.
===
Cicada Totem...

The Cicada is a symbol of rebirth and longevity. People with this totem are strong communicators and often find rewarding opportunities as the result of patience and persistence. Their callings sometimes come later in life after a period of seclusion. Cicada teaches communication through music - it's song is easily recognizable and noticed by others. Cicada also speaks of the ability to "shed one's skin" and emerge as something new and different in life. Coming out of your shell and expressing yourself authentically are themes of this totem.

Personal Reflection...

Cicada remains underground for much of its life before emerging. When cicada appears to you it speaks of a need to come out from hiding, to break free of what restricts you. Cicada loses its shell and symbolizes our ability to come out from the shadows and let our inner being break free from oppression. Cicada has a distinctive sound all its own - use cicada's wisdom to inspire you to share your own voice. 
I found this information at http://www.totemwisdom.com/cicadatotem.html 
===

My wild finger painting of the Cicada journey - as it felt right
for me at the time of my healing journey.

I learned such wonderful wisdoms from Cicada and allowed their chorus (throughout the summer) to envelop me and help carry away my emotional pain. I envisioned myself, as if I was the Cicada on my blind journey up the tree trunk to the position where I prepared to transform – breaking out of the shell and into a winged, free and vocal Cicada. Allowing my own voice to be heard. 
Do you have any Cicada experiences?

You may like to connect deeper with Cicada (including a Cicada guided meditation) on my radio / podcast here:


New Spirituality Internet Radio with TempleofBalance on BlogTalkRadio




"Sings to its heart's desire; calling to reunite with itSELF
Out of the shadows Moving through, moving past"
 ~ Isabelle Janicaud (live listener to Cicada Meditation)



“My Journey Supports Me.” Lee-Anne Peters

Lee-Anne Peters is a multiple self-published author, artist, mentor, speaker and radio host. The founder of the award-winning Temple of Balance -which is full of amazing resources, tools, services, products and events to help you love who you are and to follow your passions in life! Have your Temple of Balance experience by visiting www.templeofbalance.com

 

Let's connect on:



You Tube: www.youtube.com/user/templeofbalance  




No comments:

Post a Comment