Search This Blog

Thursday 26 April 2012

EXPANDING to encompass EVERYTHING!


EXPANDING to encompass EVERYTHING!
By Lee-Anne Peters

Usually when we get into a space of being overwhelmed or scattered we are disconnecting ourself from who we are - even if we have things to do for example. Often we see our tasks that need to be done from the viewpoint of them being external from us. I have been feeling like this for a few days as I become busier and expand further. 


This morning I soaked in the bath and reflected. I sat with my energy and the energy of my life right now and connected. I saw that the tasks I have to do as like a ‘to do list’ that was outside of me, so I imagined welcoming this ‘list’ into my energy and into my heart. I did this a few times and I began to feel different. I began to feel that I was now a PART of these tasks, rather than something I was to do!

Without realising it prior to this, I felt less pressured and more at ease with the harmony and flow of what was happening. I had moved into less externalising and more into internalising. However it was more than that! I was feeling expanded from my new focus, thanks to my new perspective!

Sometimes it helps to step back and gain a new perspective. Whether it is a soak in the bath, a walk in nature or some time alone - retreating can be what we are looking for to find the answers we need. If you are feeling stuck or overwhelmed, then maybe give it a try, you won’t know if it works for you or not till you do.

Visualise yourself expanding...
Visualisation:

See your self standing tall, breathe in the ever-present life force and breathe out your burdens and pressures - let them go... Now imagine expanding your breath to encompass your whole physical body. If you struggle to visualise, just use your imagination and give it a try. 

After breathing like this for as long as you feel comfy, expand on your breath now. Expand out into your aura – feel your energy expand outwards in ALL directions! When you are comfortable with this, expand and imagine your energy fills the whole room... and go beyond this if you want to. 

Visualise your ‘to-do list’ or something else that you see as outside of you – imagine this in front of you. When you are ready imagine gathering these into your energy and welcome them into your heart. Allow these to become a PART OF YOU!

No matter what you are doing in your life today, imagine BE-ing it rather than DO-ing it! There is a difference. Please share your experiences and any insights you have on these thoughts today.

Lee-Anne Peters is an author, artist, mentor, speaker and radio host. You can visit Lee-Anne’s website at www.templeofbalance.com and enjoy a huge variety of teachings and resources at your fingertips!

Let's connect on:

No comments:

Post a Comment